Saturday 10 July 2010

Nine weeks ...


It is exactly nine weeks today until the opening of 'Lois Walpole urban baskets; tradition recycled' at Walford Mill in Dorset, England. It is in fact two exhibitions 'Urban Baskets' is the larger one and includes some of the work that I have done over the last 28 years as well as some that I haven't finished yet..... 'Tradition Recycled' is the smaller show that I have put together of traditional baskets from different parts of the world that also use recycled materials.

It has been 18 years since I had a solo exhibition of my baskets in UK, so there is a whole new generation to show my work to, and I am delighted to have this opportunity. Having an audience for my work is paramount, it only really has any value for me when other people engage with it . This exhibition will be touring in Europe for at least 2 years and I am hoping a lot of people will, therefore, have a chance to engage with it.

Now I am wondering why I am at the computer when there is only nine weeks to the opening....?!

3 comments:

  1. Muy bonito tu blog y tus fotografías pero ¡horrible esa traducción al español de google!
    Suerte con esa preciosa exposición.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you in the blogosphere Lois! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muchas gracias Carlos por tus palabras alentadora and thank you bruv for the welcome.

    ReplyDelete